en - Re: RE : [sympa-users] how does alternate email addresses work ?

  • From: Aumont - Comite Reseaux des Universites <address@concealed>
  • To: "Comminot Pascal (EDU)" <address@concealed>
  • Cc: "'address@concealed'" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: Re: RE : [sympa-users] how does alternate email addresses work ?
  • Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 12:19:00 +0200

Comminot Pascal (EDU) wrote:

Hi,

I tried again alternate emails and I think that I understand where I missed
something:

Declaring an alternate email adddress is only the first step for unifying
the subscriptions. You have to go after that in "Your subscriptions" and
decide there how the unification will be done.

Second missunderstanding: I thought that the declaration of alternate emails
addresses was something permanent, but I saw that this link is only
available for the current session.

That's right : alternate email are stored in a cookie, better services could be provided if Sympa store this information in the user_table. This is in the TODO.