en - Sympa installation

  • From: "Juan Nin" <address@concealed>
  • To: <address@concealed>
  • Subject: Sympa installation
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 17:10:14 -0300

Hi,

I installed Sympa yesterday (actually today it got running, I had the
Sys::Syslog Perl bug) but just had time to start testing things today...

I'm not sure if I'm a bit dumb, or the docs are not too explicative, since
I'm not getting things to work properly..

I installed Sympa, and the daemons are running ok
I'm running Postfix, so I added the following to my main.cf file:

alias_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/aliases, hash:/etc/mail/sympa_aliases
alias_database = hash:/etc/postfix/aliases, hash:/etc/mail/sympa_aliases

I made sympa user to be the owner of /etc/mail/ directory
And ran newaliases, so the db file was created

This host is running virtual domains, but I will use just the default domain
for the lists, so I guess the Postfix virtual tricks that are mentioned in
the docs don't apply, am I right?

the contents if sympa_aliases are:

sympa: "| /home/sympa/bin/queue address@concealed"
listmaster: "| /home/sympa/bin/queue address@concealed"
bounce+*: "| /home/sympa/bin/bouncequeue address@concealed"
sympa-request: postmaster
sympa-owner: postmaster

being domain.com my default domain, as I have in my main.cf:
mydomain = domain.com

I set the listmaster variable in /etc/sympa.conf to my e-mail address
After configuring Apache for wwsympa, I access it and try to retrieve the
listmaster password in order to start creating lists, etc, but nothing
happens... I get no log at maillog, nothing..

what am I missing??

thnx in advance,

Juan

  • Sympa installation, Juan Nin, 07/28/2003