en - Re: Réf. : Re: [sympa-users] URL Pb in ARC: http:// IP / wws

  • From: Miles Fidelman <address@concealed>
  • To: Tony Oger <address@concealed>
  • Cc: <address@concealed>
  • Subject: Re: Réf. : Re: [sympa-users] URL Pb in ARC: http:// IP / wws
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 14:34:17 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 29 Jul 2003, Tony Oger wrote:

> When i talk about the calendar i mean the graphic month calendar that is
> present in the archive of any lists created.

ok

> But on the host running sympa, i havn't any dns resolver configured.. It
> should be necessary because, all the outgoing mail is forwarded to our SMTP
> relay that can do the dns resolution. That s why i put in /etc/hosts
> sympa.devoteam.info 172.16.86.96

yes, but is that enough?

at the very least, any browser trying to access the site is going to need
to access a resolver to translate name to address - so if you're typing
either www.toto.info or sympa.toto.info into a browser, unless that
browser is on the same machine as the /etc/hosts file, it won't resolve
properly

also, since you put sympa.toto.info (or is it www.toto.info) into the
sympa config files, wwsympa will construct URLs containing those names -
which, when passed back to a browser, won't resolve - hence the broken
links

Miles

  • Re: Réf. : Re: [sympa-users] URL Pb in ARC: http:// IP / wws, Miles Fidelman, 07/28/2003