en - Sympa 3.4.4.2 thinks unencrypted messages are encrypted

  • From: Benjamin Geer <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Sympa 3.4.4.2 thinks unencrypted messages are encrypted
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 00:14:32 +0100

I would post this on the bug tracking system, but it doesn't yet accept bugs
for Sympa 3.4.4.2.

Using Sympa 3.4.4.2, I created a list with the option 'send
privateandeditorkey'. When I send an ordinary *unencrypted* test message to
the list, and (as moderator) tell Sympa to distribute it, it sends the
x509-user-cert-missing.us.tpl message to all subscribers ("An encrypted
message from Benjamin Geer <address@concealed> has been distributed to
address@concealed list subscribers... It was not possible to
send it to you because the mailing list manager was unable to access to your
personal certificat...").

At the same time, Sympa sends an email saying "No command found in message"
the moderator, and the moderated message is not deleted from the moderation
queue.

Sympa 3.4.4.1 doesn't have any of these problems.

Ben

  • Sympa 3.4.4.2 thinks unencrypted messages are encrypted, Benjamin Geer, 07/13/2003