en - Re: [sympa-users] bulk invitations?

  • From: Olivier Salaun - CRU <address@concealed>
  • To: Miles Fidelman <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] bulk invitations?
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 10:58:48 +0200

Hi Miles,

I don't see any easy way to do this within the scope of Sympa.
You should have an external script querying the DB and sending the invitations.

Miles Fidelman wrote:

Is there an easy way to generate list invitations based on a database
query. For example:

I'm putting together a set of lists for an elementary school:
- initially, there'll be a single list, for all parents
- the user_table will have an additional field for each child's grade
- at some future time, we may want to set up a list for only 5th grade
parents - so I'd like to send an invitation to all users with a child in
the 5th grade

Any thoughts on how to do this easily?

--
Olivier Salaun