en - Re: [sympa-users] Chinese and Arabic characters not displayed in subjects

  • From: Olivier Salaun - CRU <address@concealed>
  • To: Germa Pelayo <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed, Julie Marguerite <address@concealed>
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Chinese and Arabic characters not displayed in subjects
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 10:34:38 +0200

Hi Germa,

Germa Pelayo wrote:
I am testing Chinese and Arabic messages in a sympa list, in order to create new ones in these languages. If the body of the message is seen correctly, in the subject or title are always appearing very strange signs.

We have introduced the script recommended in this message, for the Chinese templates:
http://listes.cru.fr/wws/arc/sympa-users/2003-03/msg00003.html

But it doesn't work.

The message talks also about a problem of charter converters, but I don't know exactly which change should to be done in this case.

Can anybody help with this, and also concerning Arabic language?

The default setup for <CharsetConverters> defined in http://www.mhonarc.org/MHonArc/doc/resources/charsetconverters.html
should decode Chinese (cp936,  cp950, big5-eten, big5-hkscs, gb2312) and Arabic (iso-8859-6, cp1256, macarabic).

Can Julie Marguerite precise how (precisely) she customized her mhonarc-ressources ?

Thanks.
--
Olivier Salaun
Comite Reseau des Universites