en - A different posting address

  • From: "Paul Borghese" <address@concealed>
  • To: <address@concealed>
  • Subject: A different posting address
  • Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 10:06:27 -0400

Hi,

I run a discussion list that is setup a little different then most.  When someone sends an e-mail to address@concealed it first is processed by a web based system and posted on a discussion board.  If it makes it through the web board it eventually is send to address@concealed where it is sent to the e-mail list members via majordomo.

I would like to replace majordomo with Sympa.  But here is the problem.  I can not figure out how to create a list where the “real” posting address is address@concealed but specifies address@concealed for all transactions.  So the to: address and all of the header list-id’s should be address@concealed not address@concealed.

Editing the alias file in sendmail does part of the trick.  By changing the list to read:

list-outgoing: "| /home/sympa/bin/queue address@concealed"

I can fix the header list-id’s.  But the to: address in the e-mail is still list-outgoing.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Paul Borghese