en - Re: [sympa-users] cleaning old bouncers

  • From: Fil <address@concealed>
  • To: Olivier Salaun - CRU <address@concealed>
  • Cc: Sympa-Users <address@concealed>
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] cleaning old bouncers
  • Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 18:59:20 +0200

> Well done ; we hope to have some time soon to make this a native Sympa
> feature ;-)
>
> We've added your script to sympa.org's Contribs page :
> http://www.sympa.org/contrib.html
>
> Thanks.
>
> Fil wrote:
>
> >So, here is the script I've made to remove bounces from sympa lists, based
> >on the content of the bounce_subscriber field. (You won't appreciate that
> >I've written it in php not in perl, but it's easy to read and translate if
> >someone wants to do it.)
> >

> [...]
>
> >(This is GPL'd of course)

Excellent.

I wish we could make this more intelligent by *not registering a new bounce*
when the most recent one is *not older than one day*. For example, if my mail
autoresponder becomes crazy and sends 30 "bounces" at once, I can hit the
limit just because, for another reason (maybe blocking a virus that the list
let through), I bounced one message 2 months ago.

This would make the rule behave as perfectly as one can imagine, I guess...
(This idea of "one bounce a day maximum" is inspired from Mailman's
behavior, and it works!)

-- Fil