en - Re: [sympa-users] "Frame" (title.tpl, list_menu.tpl, menu.tpl)?

  • From: Olivier Salaun - CRU <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] "Frame" (title.tpl, list_menu.tpl, menu.tpl)?
  • Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 14:27:44 +0100

Hi Chris,

address@concealed wrote:

Sympa is running at my university. I am not the person who installed it and who is administering it and it´s extremely hard to get a hold of this person. Nevertheless I would like to do a research on how to optimize the look & feel of www-Sympa for my purposes. For example I would like to modify the
appearance of the visual frame that appears when you are logged in over www,
which I believe consists of the templates 'title.tpl',
'list_menu.tpl' and 'menu.tpl'. First question: am I right with that
assumption?

When the user is logged in WWSympa, his email+role appear of the top header and the menu changes (login desappear, logout appears,...).The menu is defined in menu.xx.tpl, the email+role is defined in the title.xx.tpl.

Second: are these templates being included in another file, so that modifying
this one file would do the job? Or do I have to modify all three templates?

The main.xx.tpl includes these templates but their location is defined in wwsympa.fcgi at runtime ; looking for the more appopriate templates. For example you can do the following :
* /home/sympa/bin/etc/wws-templates/ are unchanged
* /home/sympa/etc/wws_templates/menu.tpl used for all Virtual robots
* /home/sympa/etc/wws_templates/my.robot/menu.de.tpl used by a single robot and only for German users
* /home/sympa/expl/my.robot/wws_templates/menu.de.tpl can eaven be overwritten for a list

But that's Sympa's generic defaults mecanism, also used for mail templates and scenarios.

Is it possible to change color, etc. of what I call the 'frame' at all? I
have read faqs and documentations and everything, but I don´t really find the
answer.

Colors can be changed in sympa.conf and robot.conf files :
http://www.sympa.org/doc/sympa/node6.html#SECTION00617000000000000000

--
Olivier Salaun
Comite Reseau des Universites