en - Re: [sympa-users] chinese mailing list

  • From: Julie Marguerite <address@concealed>
  • To: Olivier Salaun - CRU <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] chinese mailing list
  • Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2003 16:57:20 +0100

Hi Olivier,

It could be usefull to add this to the chinese templates in the distribution, could you please send us your changes.

I just added this:
in the header of the main.cn.tpl

Actually WWSympa could send the correct charset in the Content-type HTTP header, it
might be more efficient than a meta in the HTML headers.

This was related to my Apache configuration. I had to set the
the AddDefaultCharset property to off instead of on. If set to on,
the default charset of iso-8859-1 is used. When set to off, the
character set specified in the body of the document via a META tag
is used.

There are a few charset encoding-related setup in mhonarc-ressources file.
Again we'd like to benefit from any changes of that kind ; please let us know what
changes were required.

You were right. I added charset converters for chinese in mhonarc-ressources as explained here:
http://www.mhonarc.org/MHonArc/doc/resources/charsetconverters.html
so the mail subjets can be correctly decoded.

Thanks for your reply.
Julie