en - chinese mailing list

  • From: Julie Marguerite <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: chinese mailing list
  • Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2003 19:53:20 +0100

Hi all,

I'd like to create a chinese language mailing list so
I created a list and set the lang property to cn.
In the main.cn.tpl file, I also added a meta tag in the
header that set the charset to gb2312.

I have 2 problems:
- first, chinese characters are not displayed correctly
unless forcing the encoding to chinese in the browser. The
encoding type is not detected. I don't think it's a problem
with the browser since I can view chinese web sites without
any problem.

- second, in the list of archived mails the subjects do not
appeared as chinese characters even if the body of the message
does. Is there any transformation applied to the subject while
storing a message ?

Thanks. Julie