en - "Change Email Address" command with owner approval based configs

  • From: address@concealed
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: "Change Email Address" command with owner approval based configs
  • Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 22:14:38 +0100

I host multiple lists, some that require new members to be approved by the
list owner. Well, those list members who wish to change their email address
and are subscribed to at least one of these listowner approved lists, they
get a failure message. It is:

Could not change your subscription address for the list (listname) because
your new address is not allowed to subscribe.

At this point, you have one account, but two different email addresses in the
system. Your non-approved lists are on your account, and your approval-only
lists are "orphaned".

Has anyone come up with a fix for this/is it an issue for anyone else? I'd
really like the user to control their own destiny if they're already
subscribed to a list.

Thanks

Walter