en - Re: [sympa-users] Requirements for 500.000 subscribers

  • From: Marcel <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Requirements for 500.000 subscribers
  • Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 19:36:59 +0100

On 24.01.03 09:39:41 -0800, Thomas Leavitt wrote:
> My honest experience, in the same scenario, is that Sympa chokes and dies,
> mostly from having to process the bounces. And it does so in a way that is
> very non-transparent and messy to deal with.

Well, yes. That's the problem with the current
system, too. Sending out mail is one thing,
handling the bounces another. Last time it just
died with a load around 30. That's why I was
thinking of switching to postfix, too. Sendmail
is not quite the thing I like to deal with under
such circumstances...

Would it be possible to have the bounces go to a
different machine?

And apart from that: Can sympa handle the mail sending?

Thx, Marcel

--
GNU Privacy Projekt
Gefoerdert vom Bundesministeriums Wirtschaft und Arbeit

GNU Privacy Guard - Ver- und Entschlüsselung von Email
GNU Privacy Assistant - grafische Benutzeroberfläche
Windows Privacy Tray - bequemes Taskleistenwerkzeug
Outlook-Plugin - Schnittstelle zum MS E-Mail Programm

Kostenlos unter http://www.gnupp.de/start.html

GPG key at http://hichac.de/marcel_hichac.de.asc
GPG key fingerprint 3462 FEEF C0D1 6179 74C3 506B F9F1 FEED C729 4665