en - virtual robot wwsympa problems (correction)

  • From: Kevin Geraghty <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: virtual robot wwsympa problems (correction)
  • Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2003 14:47:45 -0800

er->I forget to mention in an earlier post, I installed sympa version 3.4.2

After great efforts, I am still unable to get wwsympa to work properly
in a virtual robot setting.

I have set up three virtual robots, in addition to having a list at
the base domain.

Aside from the web interface wwsympa, Sympa seems to be working
flawlessly for all the virtual robots, and sympa responds correctly to
e-mail commands using aliases, virtual hash, and virtual regexp tables.

Two symptoms are apparent:

1) whenever the URL of one of the virtual robots is requested, what
appears is the web page for the base domain. That is, the base
domain's title appears, and the base domains mailing lists are
listed. The titles, and mailing lists, of the virtual robot URL's are
never visible. That is, if one requests http://forestforum.org/smp
(forestforum.org is one of the virtual robots) one is given the
display appropriate for the base domain URL http://midfork.org/smp

2) the admin links, even at the base domain URL, return a 404 not found
message. That is, the following URL for list "address@concealed" is
not found:

http://midfork.org/smp/admin/fitzpop

although all other features for the base domain URL work fine, i.e,

http://midfork.org/smp/review/fitzpop

is created appropriately.

I do not know if these symptoms are related(latter may have nothing to
do with virtual robots); I have been able to solve neither. I have set
the log level up to 3 and scrutinized the sympa log; NO errors are
reported.

Thanks for any suggestions.

SERVER ENVIRONMENT:
postfix, 19991231 version
Apache 1.3.22
Linux kernel 2.2.19 (locally compiled kernel; much-modified Mandrake 7.0)
MySQL 3.23.27
Sympa 3.4.2

Config info:

APACHE HTTPD.CONF APPROPRIATE SECTIONS:
Note that wwsympa is being run under ordinary CGI, and suexec is not
used; also there is a companion server with mod_perl embedded, to
which some requests (not wwsympa at) are passed off. (Related query:
has anyone run sympa under mod_perl rather than fastCGI?)

<VirtualHost 216.39.172.126>

ServerName www.forestforum.org
ServerAlias forestforum.org

# pass mod perl stuff to httpd-perl
RewriteEngine on
RewriteRule ^(.*\/perl\/.*)$ http://%{HTTP_HOST}:8200$1 [P]

DocumentRoot /var/www/forestforum/html

Alias /pdf/ /var/www/forestforum/pdf/
Alias /images/ /var/www/forestforum/images/
Alias /maps/ /var/www/forestforum/maps/
Alias /gifs/ /var/www/forestforum/gifs/

# sympa mailing list URLs
ScriptAlias /smp /home/sympa/bin/wwsympa.fcgi
Alias /wws-icons/ /var/www/sympa/icons/

ErrorLog logs/forestforum-error_log

</VirtualHost>

home /home/sympa/expl

## Directory for configuration files ; it also contains scenari/ and
templates/ directories
etc /home/sympa/etc

## File containing Sympa PID while running.
## Sympa also locks this file to ensure that it is not running more than
once. Caution : user sympa need to write access without special privilegee.
pidfile /home/sympa/sympa.pid

## Umask used for file creation by Sympa
umask 007

## The main spool containing various specialized spools
## All spool are created at runtime by sympa.pl
spool /home/sympa/spool

## Incoming spool
queue /home/sympa/spool/msg

## Bounce incoming spool
queuebounce /home/sympa/spool/bounce

## Main robot hostname
domain midfork.org

## Local part of sympa email adresse
## Effective address will be [EMAIL]@[HOST]
email sympa

## Database type (mysql | Pg | Oracle | Sybase)
db_type mysql
db_name sympa

## Sympa's main page URL
wwsympa_url http://www.midfork.org/smp

WWSYMPA.CONF (location /etc/)

###\\\\ Directories and file location ////###

## File containing archived PID while running.
archived_pidfile /home/sympa/archived.pid

## File containing bounced PID while running.
bounced_pidfile /home/sympa/bounced.pid

## File containing task_manager PID while running.
task_manager_pidfile /home/sympa/task_manager.pid

## Where to store HTML archives
## Better if not in a critical partition
arc_path /home/sympa/arc

## Where to store bounces
## Better if not in a critical partition
bounce_path /home/sympa/bounce

###\\\\ Syslog ////###

###\\\\ General definition ////###

## Password case (insensitive | sensitive)
## Should not be changed ! May invalid all user password
password_case sensitive

## HTTP cookies lifetime
cookie_expire 0

## HTTP cookies validity domain
cookie_domain localhost

###\\\\ Errors management ////###

###\\\\ MTA related ////###

###\\\\ Pluggin ////###

## Path to MhOnarc mail2html pluggin
## This is required for HTML mail archiving
mhonarc /usr/bin/mhonarc

###\\\\ S/MIME pluggin ////###

###\\\\ Database ////###

###\\\\ Web interface ////###

## Is fast_cgi module for Apache (or Roxen) installed (0 | 1)
## This module provide much faster web interface
use_fast_cgi 0

## Title of main web page
title Midfork Mailing lists

## Icons directory (web) location for Sympa
icons_url /wws-icons/

## Main page type (lists | home)
default_home lists

REPRESENTATIVE ROBOT.CONF FILE (location /home/sympa/etc/forestforum.org/)

http_host forestforum.org

wwsympa_url http://forestforum.org/smp

## Listmasters email addresses
listmaster address@concealed

## Title for the ML service
## It is displayed as a title in the web interface
title Forest Forum Mailing Lists

create_list listmaster

## The default action when entering the web interface
## Can be 'lists', 'home' or 'which'
default_home lists

## You can define custom colors for the Virtual Robot's
## Web interface
dark_color #00aa00
light_color #ddffdd
selected_color #0099cc

--
Kevin Geraghty
(206) 545-1702

Kevin Geraghty
(206) 545-1702

  • virtual robot wwsympa problems (correction), Kevin Geraghty, 01/02/2003