en - RE: [sympa-users] Re: Translating without recompiling?

  • From: "Jan Johansson" <address@concealed>
  • To: "'Olivier Salaun - CRU'" <address@concealed>
  • Cc: <address@concealed>, <address@concealed>
  • Subject: RE: [sympa-users] Re: Translating without recompiling?
  • Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2002 09:47:28 +0100

>Unless your Debian package is a 3.4.x, it is recommended to work on
latest >tar.gz.

3.3.5. Problem is.. I am unsure how much "work" it is getting sympa up
and running from tarballs, I mean, it's a complex application, and I
would if possible like to mimic the .deb I have as close as possible.

>But we have people currently working on a new web interface for Sympa ;
>their work
>should have consequences on translated web templates. Because of that,
>doing the
>web templates translation later (1-3 month) would be a better
investment.

Okay, I might just hold back then.

>The rest of language-dependent parts of Sympa won't change mush
(message >templates,
>NLS, scenarios title).

Okay.

>Just in case you don't know about this page :
>http://www.sympa.org/translations.html

Yeap, seen it. And hence my question, since all text assumed (more or
less) that you were working from CVS.