en - Re: [sympa-users] Question on data source "include"

  • From: Aumont - Comite Reseaux des Universites <address@concealed>
  • To: John Douglass <address@concealed>
  • Cc: Sympa Users <address@concealed>
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Question on data source "include"
  • Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 09:27:41 +0100

John Douglass wrote:

I believe that if you use list inclusion you cannot add subscribers. You have to add them to the sublists.

Am I wrong?

This allready work with Sympa 3.4 but will not ne documented until Sympa 4.0. In order to use it right now you must :

-replace in the list config file : user_data_source include
by user_data_source include2

-run task_manager.pl which is the only processus that perform include
and update the cache in the internal RDBMS (mysql)

-edit add, del, subcribe and unsubcribe list parameters as for any other
list.

> Are there any plans to have "list subscribers" and "included
> subscribers" both be able to be used a the same time?

Isn't it a nice plan ?

Sympa 4.0 will not use user_data_source anymore (user_data_source include2
will be the only way Sympa store its subscriber)

Serge

  • Question on data source "include", John Douglass, 11/15/2002
    • Re: [sympa-users] Question on data source "include", Aumont - Comite Reseaux des Universites, 11/18/2002