en - moderation per list per user (is working, but needs administrative interface).

  • From: "Eric Sandquist" <address@concealed>
  • To: <address@concealed>
  • Subject: moderation per list per user (is working, but needs administrative interface).
  • Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 11:35:51 -0600

In order to facilitate individual user moderation on specific lists, I added subscriber_moderation enum(yes<default>, no, ban) to the subscriber_table. I then added the new field to /etc/sympa.conf.

In the send.public scenarii I added this rule to the top of the rules:

equal([subscriber->subscriber_moderated],'yes') smtp,smime,md5    -> editorkey
equal([subscriber->subscriber_moderated],'ban') smtp,smime,md5    -> reject
This seems to be working great... but there is no web-based administration from sympa...

Is there a way to modify the editsubscriber.tpl to include a radio button or drop down list for modifying individual users?  Or even better, can we incorporate a new page which lists all users for that list with the ability to modify that field for that list.... maybe even include it in the page that lists all the users ( since the field shows up there anyway).  Perhaps, I should be developing this mod myself, but time is not permitting me right now...  Any help?  Else, the rest of this mod will have to wait a few more weeks... :(

Eric C Sandquist
Systems Engineer - IHMS.net
Network Support, Web Services

DISCLAIMER: You're going to have to use this at your own risk, I am not responsible for any damage done by this document. For example, If after installing the software, you sit back in your easy chair to burn a CD, and you slide backwards slightly, bumping the table behind you, which knocks a radio into the pool right outside your computer room, killing the people in the pool, causing a massive short, which blacks out the entire city, but not after causing the power plant supplying your area with power, which just happens to be on a well known fault line, to explode, causing a massive earthquake, which sends California into the ocean.... IT'S NOT MY FAULT!!! (This disclaimer was borrowed from someone, so credits go to that unknown person)