en - Re: [sympa-users] Re: Re: include_list bahaviour

  • From: Olivier Salaun - CRU <address@concealed>
  • To: Mark Paxton <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Re: Re: include_list bahaviour
  • Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2002 11:47:51 +0100

Hi Mark,

Mark Paxton wrote :
> It seems that one way to do this would be to use the configuration:
>
> main_list/config
>
> user_data_source include
> include_list group_one
> include_list group_two

Be carefull to keep blank lines between user_data_source and include_list
paragraphs !

> Are the subscribers from group_one and group_two included every time an
e-mail is sent, or just when
> the configuration is changed?

The 'ttl' list parameter defines how often the include source is queried
(default is 3600 sec).
If 'config' file changed, the list of subscribers is also updated.

> It seems that if I subscribe to group_one, set up 'include_list group_one',
unsubscribe from group_one,
> I'm still subscribed to main_list. This seems a bit odd.

This is just a cache delay, you can shorten the 'ttl' parameter.

Mark Paxton wrote:

That's how I do it at the moment but I wanted to aviod having the message
subjects pile up, eg [group_one][main_list] as the group lists will be
used independantly. You also get the problem with reply-to headers
getting messed up in some cases, eg if group_one has reply-to sender
but the group_two has reply-to list replies to main_list get posted
to only to group_two sometimes.

You're right : subscribing one list to another is a mess !

Listar has the feature 'cc_lists' that includes the subscribers of one
list on another without actually processing the message as a post to the
included list - that's what I'm looking for.

We plan to implement this feature in Sympa 4.0, ie : a single copy of a
message
will be sent to subscribers though they could be subscribed to many recepient
lists. This will based on Message-IDs.

Can you tell us more about Listar's 'cc-lists' parameter/feature (off-list).

--
Olivier Salaun
Comite Reseau des Universites