en - Re: [sympa-users] Re: include_list bahaviour

  • From: Mark Paxton <address@concealed>
  • To: Patrick <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Re: include_list bahaviour
  • Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2002 02:30:56 +0000 (GMT)

On Mon, 4 Nov 2002, Patrick wrote:
> Le 04 novembre 2002 a 02:01, address@concealed ?crivait:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm running (ww)sympa on a debian 3.0 system. I'm trying to set up a
> > system where one mailing list (main_list) will e-mail users on two
> > others (group_one, group_two).
> >

> Why don't you subscribe group_one and group_two to main_list ?

That's how I do it at the moment but I wanted to aviod having the message
subjects pile up, eg [group_one][main_list] as the group lists will be
used independantly. You also get the problem with reply-to headers
getting messed up in some cases, eg if group_one has reply-to sender
but the group_two has reply-to list replies to main_list get posted
to only to group_two sometimes.

Listar has the feature 'cc_lists' that includes the subscribers of one
list on another without actually processing the message as a post to the
included list - that's what I'm looking for.

Mark