en - Re: [sympa-users] Sympa and Postfix virtual config

  • From: Michelle Murrain <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed, address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Sympa and Postfix virtual config
  • Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 11:19:57 -0500

At 12:54 AM +0100 10/30/02, address@concealed wrote:
I'm trying to set up Sympa with Postfix for several virtual domains.
wwsympa works fine, but I cannot get mail into Sympa.

The problem obviously is the mta config:

sympa@mydomain: "| /home/sympa/bin/queue sympa@mydomain"
listmaster@mydomain: "| /home/sympa/bin/queue listmaster@mydomain"

doesn't seem to work with Postfix.

Any hints?

I *finally* got this to work, with a lot of help. Here's the idea:

Postfix doesn't like aliases with external addresses (ie address@domain). There is an elegant way to do this that has been explained to me (I can forward you this, if you'd like) but I haven't tried to get it to work yet.

The kludge, which works for me and others is follows.

In your virtual file, use things like:

host.mydomain.com Mydomain
address@concealed sympa-mydomain.com
address@concealed list1-domain.com

Then in your aliases file:

sympa-mydomain.com: "| /home/sympa/bin/queue address@concealed"
list1-domain.com: "| /home/sympa/bin/queue address@concealed"

Make sure to rebuild your virtual map, run newaliases and restart postfix.
--
.Michelle

Michelle Murrain, Technology Consulting
address@concealed http://www.murrain.net
413-253-2874 ph
413-222-6350 cell
413-825-0288 fax
AIM:pearlbear0 Y!:pearlbear9 ICQ:129250575

"A vocation is where the world's hunger & your great gladness meet." Frederick Buechner