en - Reconstructing the sympa database

  • From: Michelle Murrain <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Reconstructing the sympa database
  • Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 10:51:35 -0500

I did a total reinstall of sympa on my debian server, and, amazingly it works! Virtual robots and all. Yay!.

But now I have a new problem. I had dumped my old list data into a text file, and figured that I could just recreate the subscriber list using the dumped text file (which included a set of insert strings).

All of the data inserted fine, but Sympa isn't paying attention to it. I re-created both lists, but sympa thinks that both lists have no subscribers - ie. it isn't checking my database, but information somewhere else as to how many subscribers I have. How can I either get sympa to read the database, or change that info?

Thanks!
--
.Michelle

Michelle Murrain, Technology Consulting
address@concealed http://www.murrain.net
413-253-2874 ph
413-222-6350 cell
413-825-0288 fax
AIM:pearlbear0 Y!:pearlbear9 ICQ:129250575

"A vocation is where the world's hunger & your great gladness meet." Frederick Buechner

  • Reconstructing the sympa database, Michelle Murrain, 10/31/2002