en - Internal Server Error, premature end of script headers with wwsympa.fcgi

  • From: Nick Holden <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Internal Server Error, premature end of script headers with wwsympa.fcgi
  • Date: 29 Oct 2002 10:15:15 +0000

Apologies for my first posting being a cry for help, but...

I'm struggling to get Sympa to work on my server, but the software looks
so good, I'm determined to succeed. Currently, I've got an installed
package, but am having a problem with wwsympa.fcgi

I get a 'premature end of script headers' reported when Apache runs the
script. Running it from the shell give output, but I was surprised to
note that the first lines of output were...

Cache-control: no-cache

... I understood that the Content-Type line had to be the first output
from the script? I tried reversing the order of these lines (at line 669
in the script) - I get real output now, not an error, but the
'Cache-control: no-cache' is, of course, now printed as the first text
of the web page, before the <!-- RCS Identication ; $Revision: 1.18 $ ;
$Date: 2002/10/08 12:59:28 $ --> line.

Thanks for your advice,

Nick

  • Internal Server Error, premature end of script headers with wwsympa.fcgi, Nick Holden, 10/29/2002