en - RE: [sympa-users] LDAP & alternate address?

  • From: "Adam Bernstein" <address@concealed>
  • To: <address@concealed>
  • Subject: RE: [sympa-users] LDAP & alternate address?
  • Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 09:45:02 -0700

I share Dave's sentiments, and would like to put in my vote for adding
this feature (and not just through LDAP) at some point. Users generally
assume it, and I hate having to disappoint them. :)

What I've been telling people is they need to subscribe their alternate
address to all their lists and then set its subscription mode to "no_mail".
This is not ideal. ...But it brings up an easy possible solution, since
we could just add a button on the User Preferences page that would take
an alternate address and subscribe it to each of the user's lists in the
no_mail mode, eh? Taking care of unsubscriptions would be messy, but not
all that critical, perhaps. I'll try a hack and report back.

adam