en - LDAP & alternate address?

  • From: address@concealed
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: LDAP & alternate address?
  • Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 09:28:21 +0200

Is there a way to create a scenari where a subscriber (lets say address@concealed)
may send to a list via alternate address searched in LDAP (lets say
address@concealed)?

I was thinking something along the lines of:

altaddress.ldap:
host ldap.foo.org
port 389
suffix ou=people, dc=foo, dc=org
scope sub
filter (|(altaddress=[sender])(mail=[sender]))

send.altaddress:
title restricted to subscribers with alternate addresses

is_subscriber([listname],[sender]) smtp,mime,md5 -> do_it
search(altaddress.ldap,[sender]) smtp,mime,md5 -> do_it

...but wouldn't this allow ANYONE to "send" who has an "altaddress" attribute?
(an LDAP entry could be returned who is not a subscriber of the list)

How do I associate 'address@concealed' ([sender]) with 'address@concealed' (the
subscriber)?
It would be fairly easy if I could chain tests together like:

search(altaddress.ldap,[sender] smtp ->
is_subscriber([listname],[sender]) smtp -> do_it

...is that possible?

Help.
I know alternate addresses are possible in Sympa, but I can't figure how to
do it...even the simplest ancient Majordomo software can support subscribers
with alternate addresses (and not send the e-mail multiple times)....

thanks in advance for any assistance.

---
Dave Le Blanc