en - Re: [sympa-users] LDAP & alternate address?

  • From: Aumont - Comite Reseaux des Universites <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] LDAP & alternate address?
  • Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 10:23:30 +0200

address@concealed wrote:
Is there a way to create a scenari where a subscriber (lets say address@concealed)
may send to a list via alternate address searched in LDAP (lets say
address@concealed)?

.............[deleted lines]

How do I associate 'address@concealed' ([sender]) with 'address@concealed' (the
subscriber)?
It would be fairly easy if I could chain tests together like:

search(altaddress.ldap,[sender] smtp ->
is_subscriber([listname],[sender]) smtp -> do_it

You mean is_subscriber(search(altaddress.ldap,[sender])) smtp -> do_it

No this is not possible and I don't think current version can do such a test. We plans to store alt_email in Sympa internal data structure and to make [sender_alt_emails] available in scenario and templates. Of course this is quite complex when alt_emails are extracted from a LDAP
directory.

May I suggest you to describe your need in our bug/todo manager :
http://listes.cru.fr/mantis/view_all_bug_page.php?f_loop=2

Regards
Serge