en - Re: [sympa-users] FastCGI and Virtual Robots

  • From: Aumont <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] FastCGI and Virtual Robots
  • Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 08:30:50 +0200

> "Bernardo J. Najlis" wrote:
>
> Hi! I'm trying to configure sympa to use Virtual Robots, but I can't
> make it yet.
> I've just configured Apache to create the virtual www server, but when
> I try to open the webpage to add new lists, it still displays the
> administration page as configured in sympa.conf, but not in
> robot.conf, is like is not detecting it.
>
> I wanted to ask you if this could be because I haven't installed
> FastCGI,
No, FastCGI is not a requirement for virtual robots.

> Other issue I thought about is that maybe is not finding the directory
> where the robot.conf is, I have this line in my sympa.conf:
>
> etc /etc/sympa
>
> so I created the directory for the virtual domain in this directory:
> /etc/sympa/virtual.domain.org
> Is this correct, or am I getting it wrong?
You must create a robot.conf file in /etc/sympa/virtual.domain.org dir.

http://host.domain/wws/serveradmin must show you all virtual robots if
there configuration are recognized by Sympa. Of course
.../etc/virtual.domain/robot.conf is not the only config you must do :
You must configure a Apache virtual host and a sendmail virtual
domain.

Check http://www.sympa.org/documentation/tutorial/tutorial-us.pdf,
it include a step by step description of a virtual robot.

> Another issue is that I would like to know how to create specific
> content for each user in the mailing list. I know this feature is to
> be added in future versions, so I would like to give some time to
> collaborate with the Sympa dev-team so this can be realized sooner.
> Who do I have to talk to?

This as not been design. May be the first job is to discuss some
proposition about it into sympa-dev ?
Serge Aumont Comité Réseaux des Universités
Campus Beaulieu
35042 Rennes Cedex