en - FastCGI and Virtual Robots

  • From: "Bernardo J. Najlis" <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: FastCGI and Virtual Robots
  • Date: 18 Aug 2002 18:51:17 -0300

Hi! I'm trying to configure sympa to use Virtual Robots, but I can't make it yet.
I've just configured Apache to create the virtual www server, but when I try to open the webpage to add new lists, it still displays the administration page as configured in sympa.conf, but not in robot.conf, is like is not detecting it.

I wanted to ask you if this could be because I haven't installed FastCGI, although I know is faster, I didn't have time to do it yet, but if it's a requirement for sympa to work with virtual robots, I would know where the problem actually is.
Other issue I thought about is that maybe is not finding the directory where the robot.conf is, I have this line in my sympa.conf:

etc             /etc/sympa

so I created the directory for the virtual domain in this directory: /etc/sympa/virtual.domain.org
Is this correct, or am I getting it wrong?

Another issue is that I would like to know how to create specific content for each user in the mailing list. I know this feature is to be added in future versions, so I would like to give some time to collaborate with the Sympa dev-team so this can be realized sooner. Who do I have to talk to?

Thank you very much,

                  Bernardo Najlis