en - Re: [sympa-users] Sympa 3.2.1 on Mandrake

  • From: Russ Kepler <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Sympa 3.2.1 on Mandrake
  • Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2002 10:30:47 -0600

On Friday 09 August 2002 07:11 pm, you wrote:
> I've installed Sympa 3.2.1 (from the cooker rpms) on my Mandrake 8.2
> system, and am having some interesting problems. I'd like this to run
> under my regular Apache 1.3 server, so was using VirtualHosts in the Apache
> configuration. In that config it will run code as suexec so the list
> management will run as user sympa - but the problem I'm encountering is
> that going through ScriptAlias fails by generating non-working commands
> (that suexec won't run).
>
> Is anyone running this sort of configuration anywhere?

This is really quite strange, but that may be a function of my lack of
understanding of CGI. When I don't try to use the suexec mode most all of
the functions execute correctly. When I use suexec (and CGI::Fast) none of
the gci functions execute correctly. In wwsympa.fcgi there's a
get_parameters() function that's looking at the PATH_INFO environment
variable, and there's nothing there. I can hack it to use SCRIPT_NAME, and
things work. There's a second problem in that the $ENV{'SCRIPT_NAME'}
was being used as the cgi root, so I changes that after the call to
get_parameters with $param->{'path_cgi'} = $ENV{'SCRIPT_URI'}. This seem to
be working, but I wonder if I screwed something up in doing this?

  • Sympa 3.2.1 on Mandrake, Russ Kepler, 08/10/2002
    • Re: [sympa-users] Sympa 3.2.1 on Mandrake, Russ Kepler, 08/10/2002