en - Re: [sympa-users] host/domain in List-Id: and virtual host

  • From: Olivier Salaun <address@concealed>
  • To: ralphmengen <address@concealed>
  • Cc: sympa-users <address@concealed>
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] host/domain in List-Id: and virtual host
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 15:24:48 +0200

Hi,

ralphmengen wrote:

> >Meanwhile, has anybody successfully installed multiple copies of Sympa
> >on one server to provide true virtual domains (the only way to allow the
> >same list name to exist in multiple virtual domains)? Or has anybody
> >successfully hacked the Sympa code to do this within one Sympa install,
> >which would be even better?
>
> I am looking for a mailing list solution, where my 'virtual domain admins'
> are able to create their mailinglists on the fly by themself...

This works fine a very flexible way, you can :
* hide the create_list button
* show it with a listmaster control over the creation
* show it and allow instant creation

All you have to do is choose the appropiate create_list scenario
(refer to it in sympa.conf) or create your own.

> (and are able to use the same name (as the sympa user above wishes too))

This is not possible yet because the code still often refer to a list
with its local part, without refering to the domain. Changing this implies :
* adapting the code
* using the domain in database entries (subscriber_table)

We don't plan do change this in a near future, sorry.

--
Olivier Salaün
Comité Réseau des Universités