en - Re: [sympa-users] Messages to the "-owner" addy aren't getting through

  • From: aumont <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Messages to the "-owner" addy aren't getting through
  • Date: Sun, 02 Jun 2002 21:15:11 +0200

address@concealed wrote:
I just realized, after running Sympa for months,
that if you send a message to the listname-owner
email address, it doesn't get through. I never
thought of it, but now some of my users, in a
discussion, let me know. And they were right!

This is not a bug but a feature. Because mailing list are a very old service, some RFCs are strange : errors should return to listname-owner (at the beginning of internet, a typical list had 20 users a big one 100) this decision was a good enough. Now the convention is still the same so this adress is managed by bounced.pl and if you need to contact the list owners you must send your mail to listname-request.

Serge