en - Re: [sympa-users] virtual robots

  • From: Aumont <address@concealed>
  • To: Xavier Beaudouin <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] virtual robots
  • Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 08:10:33 +0200

Xavier Beaudouin wrote:

> I have a somewhat question...
>
> About virtual robots and virtual subsystem with sympa. Is there any plans
> to make this really virtual : eg no config files for the robots, lists
> etc... in a LDAP or SQL server...
>
> the idea for me is to make a centralized cluster of sympa server for lots
> of ml hosted by a external ldap subsystem...

We do not have that kind of project but some Sympa users ask us for
a new kind of list which would be created the first time sympa refers
to it. Those list would be created parsing templates for all list
configuration file evaluating some variables with various method. For
sure, one of those method would be LDAP search.

Serge Aumont Comité Réseaux des Universités
Campus Beaulieu
35042 Rennes Cedex