en - Re: [sympa-users] How to determine the performance of Sympa?

  • From: Olivier Salaun <address@concealed>
  • To: jstrudwick <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] How to determine the performance of Sympa?
  • Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 09:47:52 +0100

jstrudwick wrote:

> Was just curious if there is a way to see some perfomance stats with Sympa?
>
> Such as how long did the initial process of sending all the emails to
> Sendmail take,
> I recall from the documentation that takes just under 6 minutes on a 300Mhz
> w/ 256Mb
> ram to send out 20,000 emails.

That's the kind of performences we have on our server, which has a good
connectivity
and a sendmail that has been tuned.

> I would like to be able to reliably calculate these sorts of figures for
> myself,
> considering one of the lists on the server has ~60,000, and be able to tune
> accordingly.

When a message has been sent, Sympa log file provides the process time and the
amount of sendmail processes used :
Mar 20 22:15:11 listes sympa[6223]: Processing message for sample-l
with priority
5, <20020320210144.18011@messageID>
Mar 20 22:17:53 listes sympa[6223]: Message for sample-l from
sender@xxx accepted (162 seconds, 339 sessions), size=9641

(sample-l mailing list has 10 000 subscribers)

--
Olivier Salaün
Comité Réseau des Universités