en - Re: [sympa-users] LDAP Queries with Sympa

  • From: Aumont <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] LDAP Queries with Sympa
  • Date: Thu, 07 Mar 2002 08:31:56 +0100

John Douglass wrote:

> I have a couple of questions on Using LDAP with Sympa (for those that
> have done so). I've done the reading, but I'm still not clear on a few
> things so I figured I'd ask the collective.
>
> I am being asked if:
>
> 1) Does Sympa query the LDAP database each time a message is sent out,
> or only when the adminstrator logs in, and checks the subscribers?

I guess you are speaking about include. In this case, Sympa does a LDAP
query as soon as it need to access to subscribers data (for exemple for
a which command, Sympa need to scan all lists), but data are cached for
ttl segonds where ttl is a list parameter.

> 2) Is anyone using hybrid LDAP + MySQL authentication? LDAP passwd for
> local (intranet) e-mail addresses, and MySQL for external users? Is this
> a current capability or do I have to do some customization?
This is normal configuration you just need to edit auth.conf file.

Serge Aumont Comité Réseaux des Universités
Campus Beaulieu
35042 Rennes Cedex