en - LDAP Queries with Sympa

  • From: John Douglass <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: LDAP Queries with Sympa
  • Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2002 12:50:18 -0500

I have a couple of questions on Using LDAP with Sympa (for those that have done so). I've done the reading, but I'm still not clear on a few things so I figured I'd ask the collective.

I am being asked if:

1) Does Sympa query the LDAP database each time a message is sent out, or only when the adminstrator logs in, and checks the subscribers?

2) Is anyone using hybrid LDAP + MySQL authentication? LDAP passwd for local (intranet) e-mail addresses, and MySQL for external users? Is this a current capability or do I have to do some customization?

Thanks,
- John Douglass, Georgia Institute of Technology