en - Re: [sympa-users] message footers

  • From: Olivier Salaun <address@concealed>
  • To: Fiona Dix <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] message footers
  • Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2001 12:28:30 +0200

Fiona Dix wrote:

> Is there any way to set up a global message footer that would be
> included in messages either just before or just after any
> list-specific footer. I would like as listmaster to be able to attach
> a footer that listowners can't modify, but retain the facility for
> them to add their own custom footer as well.

The principle in Sympa is for scenario, templates, to look for :
1/ list defined (~sympa/expl/<list>/)
2/ site defined (~sym[pa/etc/)
3/ sympa default (~sympa/bin/etc/)

There is no header/footer default in Sympa's distribution ;
but a listmaster should be able to define one for his/her site.
I though this was working, but abviously not.

I have coded this in CVS development version :
http://listes.cru.fr/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/sympa/src/List.pm

This won't provide you with the 2 levels of header/footer you expect.
Default configuration will allow owners to define their own
header/footer.

You can forbid header/footer edition in edit_list.conf :
http://listes.cru.fr/sympa/distribution/current/doc/sympa/node11.html#SECTION001120000000000000000

--
Olivier Salaün
Comité Réseaux des Universités

  • message footers, Fiona Dix, 03/23/2001
    • Re: [sympa-users] message footers, Olivier Salaun, 03/26/2001