en - [sympa-users] Keep getting 403 forbidden

  • From: Tom Cruickshank <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Keep getting 403 forbidden
  • Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2001 12:52:43 -0500

Hello,
Please ignore the last email. I found out what the problem is.

Still can't believe I overlooked such a simple error for so long.

Sincerely,

Tom Cruickshank

Hello,
I've been trying to get this working for a while and still having no luck.

I've installed sympa with a few warning but I've been told that they shouldn't matter.
When I try to access wwsympa.fcgi from /home/sympa/bin/wwsympa.fcgi I keep
getting this error

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /wws on this server.

Apache/1.3.17 Server at domain.ca Port 80

In my /usr/local/apache/conf/httpd.conf I have this script alias

ScriptAlias /wws "/home/sympa/bin/wwsympa.fcgi"

And ww.sympa.fcgi has permissions 755.

In theory, this should have NO problems. I really do not see where the problem is.
Would anybody be able to possibly offer suggestions? I would deeply appreciate some!

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Tom Cruickshank