en - message footers

  • From: Fiona Dix <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: message footers
  • Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2001 16:41:08 +0000

Hi

Is there any way to set up a global message footer that would be included in messages either just before or just after any list-specific footer. I would like as listmaster to be able to attach a footer that listowners can't modify, but retain the facility for them to add their own custom footer as well. At the moment I have put a global message.footer in etc/templates, hacked List.pm to change the $footer path to point to that footer (and, for consistency, removed message.footer from the list in do_editfile, since any changes made to individual lists' message footers now have no effect).

But I'm not very happy with this solution - I don't want to be making changes at this level, and I don't want to stop list owners from defining their own footers. Am I missing something obvious?

thanks
Fiona