en - subscribers in mysql

  • From: Justin Wood <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: subscribers in mysql
  • Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2001 14:06:48 -0100

I have a question about including subscribers from a mysql database. Do
you have to use the standard tables described in the sympa docs, or can
I include users from another table, as long as there is an email column?

I have the following in my expl/family-all/config file:

user_data_source database
include_sql_query
user ****
passwd ****
db_type mysql
db_name woodfamily
host localhost
sql_query SELECT DISTINCT email1 FROM members

however, when I tail the mysql log file as I edit the config (via wws)
of the list, it doesn't look in the table I specified, rather the
default.

2346 Query SELECT count(*) FROM subscriber_table WHERE
list_subscriber = 'family-all'

Any help would be appreciated,

-Justin.