en - Re: first suggestions

  • From: Fil <address@concealed>
  • To: Olivier Salaun <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: first suggestions
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 13:10:12 +0100

I've just loaded and installed (make installsrc) the version 3.0.3,
relaunched sympa and apache+fastcgi, and I cannot find this "change email
address" service. Was it implemented ? Do I have to do a full update (make
install) ?

@ Olivier Salaün (address@concealed) :
> Borut Mrak wrote:
> >
> > On Fri, Nov 24, 2000 at 05:52:01PM +0100, Fil wrote:
> > > Another, which I miss from LetterRip (mailman doesn't have it either) --
> > > there's no easy way for people to modify their email address. It's a
> > > pity
> > > when you're dealing with such requests daily.
> >
> > I tend to use pure sql when doing such things...it's not too hard to type
> > update subscriber_table set address@concealed' where \
> > address@concealed';
> >
> > Although that could be a problem if you're not using a database to store
> > the subscribers data.
> >
> > Anyway, it should be quite simple to add it to the web interface, but I do
> > not use it.
>
> Alright, we've done it.
> Next version of Sympa will allow users to change their email address,
> using
> the web interface.
>
> --
> Olivier Salaün
> Comité Réseaux des Universités

-- Fil

  • Re: first suggestions, Fil, 01/26/2001