en - Re: [sympa-users] Attachments

  • From: Christian Huldt <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Attachments
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 19:17:27 +0100

Don Head wrote:

What about the possibility of stripping certain types of files
(like .exe and .vbs files). Is that a big rewrite? It would
be better than nothing, and I'm sure would satisfy most virus
needs in the meantime, as .exe and .vbs files seem to be the
most common (at least this month) types of viri floating
around.

Currently , send.* scenaries can use any variable comming from
headers but no one comming from the body. We plans to introduce
body variable in order for example to be able to test any attachement
content-type. In this case it will be easy to reject
message that contain .exe .vbs and forward those who contain ".doc"
and ".xls" to the list moderator.

I've coded a little mail filter that saves all MIME parts to disk with the intention to add links at the bottom of the out going mail since most of our users don't want attachments (or anything besides plain text). The best thing would probably be to having this as a user preference (along with a maximal size) but I leave that for next year.

If you could add hooks for that into sympa I'd really appreciate it - and try it again, currently we use ezmlm since I couldn't get sympa to do what we wanted :(

Christian