en - shadowing other mail lists?

  • From: address@concealed
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: shadowing other mail lists?
  • Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2000 00:23:48 -0500 (CDT)

I want to have my sympa installation "shadow" some other mail lists.
By this I mean I want it to be a subscriber to an external list.

I would not allow local subscription to the list (or if I did, I
wouldn't allow posting...)

Obviously, I don't want sympa ever to send anything to the parent list
-- in particular, status messages about incoming posts being forwarded
to a moderator, etc..

In addition, I would like to allow incoming messages automatically if
they were addressed to the shadowed list. (without requiring
moderation..)

The primary reason I want this is so that the (WWWSympa) archives of
these other lists will show up next to the archives of our own lists.

Is it possible to set up a list this way? Can someone outline what I
have to do?

Thanks!

Jim Rowan
DCSI