en - Re: shadowing other mail lists?

  • From: Aumont <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: shadowing other mail lists?
  • Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2000 09:09:09 +0200

address@concealed wrote:

> I want to have my sympa installation "shadow" some other mail lists.
> By this I mean I want it to be a subscriber to an external list.
The best solution would be to use Sympa for the main list :)

> I would not allow local subscription to the list (or if I did, I
> wouldn't allow posting...)
Then use the scenario send.closed setting the send parameter to "closed".

> Obviously, I don't want sympa ever to send anything to the parent list
> -- in particular, status messages about incoming posts being forwarded
> to a moderator, etc..
>
> In addition, I would like to allow incoming messages automatically if
> they were addressed to the shadowed list. (without requiring
> moderation..)

Then make your own scenario which accept message only if "mother-list" is
on the "To:" or "Cc:" feld. Use the quiet option to avoid notification
to the sender if usefull (anyhow reject or distribution notification are
sent to the sender, not to the main list).
It will looklike :

match([header->To],/mother-list/) smtp,smime,md5 -> do_it
match([header->Cc],/mother-list/) smtp,smime,md5 -> do_it
true() smtp,smime,md5 -> reject,quiet

Serge Aumont Comité Réseaux des Universités
Campus Beaulieu
35042 Rennes Cedex +33 2 998 471 47