en - Re: Sympa logo & new ones

  • From: Denis Olivier <address@concealed>
  • To: Josep Román <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed, address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: Sympa logo & new ones
  • Date: Tue, 2 May 2000 12:38:19 +0200

Tuesday, May 02, 2000, 9:00:14 AM, you wrote:

> Are you saying maybe the Linux penguin or the FreeBSD daemon are also for
> surf
> companies because they're not serious enough?

I say that? Perhaps when they come with it they don't think about it. Well,
believe me or not, when I seen the first time the penguin I was asking myself
was it was for.
Concerning the daemon I never saw it or it never attracted me.
Anyway, that's not because others do things that you need to do them or you
will not go ahead. Sympa is not others.

You can add a seal to Sympa why not.... Now well I will not see the
interaction
with the server, but I will see the idea copied on Linux ! :))

I think you can always look after someone else, many wonderful logos done by
masters are really simple, in one or two colors, and very accurate.

Anyway you can associate a visual part for the logo and mix them or not.
Mixing them is better, but always less simple, then add the name around, or
next to the graphic part. The good point is that you can add something else
around like for example "List Server", "Serveur de listes", "Automate de
diffusion" or what ever you want. Why ?

Because when someone saw a penguin I don't think it associate it first to a
computer OS or related, more if Linux isn't named.

> Still preferring those listed the other (specially number 8 with its current
> blue).

No problems for me. I used to this.
Anyway, think of smileys, they should have been done or used many times by
someone else, perhaps Copyrighted. Even you can do something like "Symp@"
this is quite "funny" but really too used.

If you add a visual that Mix the logo with a name, then add "Automate de
diffusion" or what ever you want you learn the visual knowledge and the
functionality. I allows you when you cannot add a text to always have Sympa
named and remind the customer "wow, they use Sympa, I know what it is".

Now if you want to use a "dog barking" or the "Eiffel Tower" to Sympa why
not ! :) I think that something around world, discussion, mass, e-mail,
network
is more reality.

Well concerning colors, forms, and graphics, tastes and colors make the
difference. I totally cannot realize what Laurent has done because my
feelings are different, but I respect always others that can go where
I don't. My samples where just to try to make more understandable what I say.
If someone need them to go ahead, ask me they are in Photoshop PSD layered
format. Now, who will made it is totally "un-objective", the goal is the
result, and a good one.

Don't we say " a drawing is always better than a long discuss" in french ? ;)

Have a good lunch.
--
Human: http://www.povlab.org/denis.olivier/