devel - Re: [sympa-developpers] Should we take the ownership of MHonArc? (or fork it)

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: David Verdin <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-developpers] Should we take the ownership of MHonArc? (or fork it)
  • Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2019 13:58:43 +0100

Hi Luc,

On 18/12/2019 12:31, Luc Didry wrote:
mercredi 18 décembre 2019, 12:08:31 CET David Verdin wrote:
I would say "one of the community". I looks like how it is done in CPAN,
anyway. I did not spot any ownership which was due to a community.
I saw on https://pause.cpan.org/pause/query that we can have
comaintainers, so we could add more than one account.

We can see on https://www.mhonarc.org/archive/html/mhonarc-dev/ that
the list is inactive (only messages for reporting bugs, nobody from
mhonarc answered in 3 years), so it’s better to directly ask the
developer.
According to https://www.mhonarc.org/MHonArc/doc/contacts.html#people,
Earl Hood (address@concealed) is the creator and developer of MHonArc,
so he’s the one to contact (or at address@concealed, like said in
MHonArc’s META.yml) before asking PAUSE for ownership.

Actually, everything he did stopped in the end of 2015. The blogs, MhonARC, etc.

I doubt you have any answer from him but contacting him first is probably the best path.

After getting his approval (or ownership from PAUSE), we should ask
him to update MHonArc’s web site with the new informations: I think we
all agree that we will use Github’s issue tracker, not the old
MHonArc’s mailing lists, right?
Agreed. I don't think there will be much discussion on this list and the Github tracker works correctly.

By the way, I couldn’t find a repository for MHonArc, does anybody
know if there is one?

Nope.

Maybe on some private repository? If you get some answers from Earl Hood, he might give you some access to a current repository. It would be nice to have the history along with the code.

Regards,

David

--
"Mieux vaut viser la perfection et la rater que viser la médiocrité et
l'atteindre."