devel - Re: [sympa-developpers] Where i'm going (Jun '18 - Jan '19)

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: IKEDA Soji <address@concealed>
  • To: David Verdin <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-developpers] Where i'm going (Jun '18 - Jan '19)
  • Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2019 21:13:03 +0900

David,

2019/01/31 20:13、David Verdin <address@concealed>のメール:

> Hi Soji,
>
>> On 31/01/2019 11:41, IKEDA Soji wrote:
>>
>> Sympa itself does not know the way to allow the other roles subscription
>> moderation. Preventing owners from adding address is preventing
>> subscription moderation.
>>
>> I suppose you are talking about impossible situation with current Sympa
>> (and Sympa in the past).
>
> Not impossible. Currently and in the past, you can allow anyone to use the
> "add" action. You just need to change the scenario.
>
> So there is an authorization collision. You base the possibility to
> moderate subscription on another action.
>
> It is not a very drastic problem, but it is one we will need to address.

It looks trivial for me. If “add” scenario allows owners _and_ others to add
users, they can add. Otherwise they can’t. There seem no wierd things.

>> I don’t understand what you say. He is distancing from the community for
>> a while, as far as I understand.
>
> Yes, to avoid any flamewar he does not get involved in our conversations.
>
> But it does not mean he needs to stop working on the software. As far as I
> know, there is no rule about who can contribute and who can't. ;-)

He may do what he want to do, instead of solely criticizing the others.

Please tell him. However, I advise that he should decide how he will close
the pr he had started by himself (At least I won’t close it).

Regards,
— Soji