devel - Re: [sympa-developpers] Where i'm going (Jun '18 - Jan '19)

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: David Verdin <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-developpers] Where i'm going (Jun '18 - Jan '19)
  • Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2019 12:13:26 +0100

Hi Soji,

On 31/01/2019 11:41, IKEDA Soji wrote:

Sympa itself does not know the way to allow the other roles subscription
moderation. Preventing owners from adding address is preventing subscription
moderation.

I suppose you are talking about impossible situation with current Sympa (and
Sympa in the past).

Not impossible. Currently and in the past, you can allow anyone to use the "add" action. You just need to change the scenario.

So there is an authorization collision. You base the possibility to moderate subscription on another action.

It is not a very drastic problem, but it is one we will need to address.

I don’t understand what you say. He is distancing from the community for a
while, as far as I understand.

Yes, to avoid any flamewar he does not get involved in our conversations.

But it does not mean he needs to stop working on the software. As far as I know, there is no rule about who can contribute and who can't. ;-)

Best regards,

David

--
"Mieux vaut viser la perfection et la rater que viser la médiocrité et
l'atteindre."