devel - [sympa-developpers] Map for discussion was Re: RFC: Sympatic module

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: IKEDA Soji <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-developpers] Map for discussion was Re: RFC: Sympatic module
  • Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2018 12:43:38 +0900

Dear all,

I broke down recent content of Sympatic.pm to each pragma, then added my
suggestion.

If you are impatient, see "Interim conclusion" at end.

Pragmas
-------

* use strict;
* use warnings;
* use English qw< -no_match_vars >;

I suggest they should be mandatory (strict should be placed at
first because some linters complain if it is not).

* use feature qw< say >;
* use feature qw< state >;

I suggest they may be mandatory, because use of these feature
depends on decision by coder, and existence of them won't affect.

* use utf8;
* use open IO => ':utf8_strict';
* binmode STDERR, ':utf8_strict';
* binmode STDOUT, ':utf8_strict';
* binmode STDIN, ':utf8_strict';
* use charnames qw< :full :short >;
* use feature qw< unicode_strings >; # 5.11 or later
* use feature qw< unicode_eval >; # 5.16 or later
* use feature qw< fc >; # 5.16 or later
* # readdir is Unicode-aware
* # readlink is Unicode-aware
* # glob is Unicode-aware
* # @ARGV is Unicode-aware

They were included in utf8::all (it turned out that utf8::all has
been baselessly included in Sympatic proposal).

I suggest we would be better to discuss on use of them by each.
About ongoing discussion, see the thread "Sympatic unicode?".

N.B.: Currently, the feature fc is used on Sympa-6.2. Others are
not used (except possible uses in local context).

* use Function::Parameters;

I suggest we would be better to discuss on use of this.

* use Moo;
* use MooX::LvalueAttribute;

I suggest they may be optional, because these features are not
always necessary.

* Any others not included in Sympatic proposal (e.g. Path::Tiny)

I suggest they may be discussed in another oppotunity.

Interim conclusion
------------------

As interim conclusion, minimal set of pragmatic modules may be,
currently:

| use strict;
| use warnings;
| use English qw< -no_match_vars >;
| use feature qw< say >;
| use feature qw< state >;

We would be better to discuss about adding the others (either
mandatorily or optionally) as described in above, especially:

* use Function::Parameters;
* Any features related to Unicode (see above).

Regards,
-- Soji

--
株式会社 コンバージョン
ITソリューション部 システムソリューション1グループ 池田荘児

  • [sympa-developpers] Map for discussion was Re: RFC: Sympatic module, IKEDA Soji, 03/12/2018