devel - Re: [sympa-developpers] working together

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: Soji Ikeda <address@concealed>
  • To: Marc Chantreux <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-developpers] working together
  • Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2018 18:23:50 +0900

Marc, I never have told you not to use mailing list for discussion.

Someday I told (on the chat) that, people may use the way they prefer, either
list or GitHub issue tracker. I don’t want to force using gh. However, you
have repeatedly complained about interface of gh, and at last proposed
limiting use of gh.

It’s in vain. Instead of behaving such, why don’t you use mailing list? For
example: Why don’t you write about wiki system you made and ask folks the
comments? (Are we, “core developers”, less important than audiences of fosdem
on this issue?)

Therefore I ask you two things:

- Please feel free to make discussion, exchange information and so on,
using the way you prefer.
Anyone have not denied your effort.

- However, please consider learning the other ways the other people prefer
For example, make a few hours in each week to check github issues and PRs
to know:
- what is up
- how people put the development forward
- and how they make decision among them

After experiences for a while (months), if you still feel change is needed,
please propose.

Btw, you asked me if I disagree to all of your proposal: Answer is no, but I
feel you seems not understanding reality of development ongoing (e.g. removal
of CGI support —- have you run Sympa with CGI more?)

Regards,
— Soji