devel - [sympa-developpers] working together

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: Marc Chantreux <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-developpers] working together
  • Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2018 16:13:51 +0100

hello people,

two days ago, I did a very short comment to an issue we debated on IRC
yesterday. For those who don't backlog (i'm one of those as i really
think that every important information should be published on this
list), let me sumarize every topic discussed.

Note that:

* this is not a set of rules but topics that are really open to debate
* those topics came from Soji, Racke and I. they are published with no
particular order

that said, this is the code of conduct for github issues:

* we should remember github issues are not a continuity of the IRC channel:
as we add a comment or issue, we should be sure that every factual
content is completed by a greeting and enough of polite words to be
friendly to every reader, no mater how close you are to the person you
answer to.

* as we should care about the clarity of an issue, don't open another
topic in its comment. every information put in a issue thread should
be closely related to the description of the issue itself.

* github issues should be used only for user requests and bug report.
every evolution of behavior (new option, modification of existing one,
deprecation, ...) or architecture (new module, api modification,
database changes, ...) should be discussed on the developper mailing list.
Questions/Proposals:
* we could use an RfC prefix of the mail subject then implement an
rfcXXX-developper branch ?
* we need to get a rule when an rfc don't get a consensus. For
example: we broke the CGI support in a minor version which was a
terrible idea for me. I guess there are things we can't get
consensus on so i'm worring about how to accept an RFC.

Another thing proposed by Soji to work together is a CPC (for CPC
"clinicopathological conference"). without explainations, it
it looks like a mounthly meetings we previously discuted (a timeboxed
meeting scheduled every mounths with a regular date and
a collectivly maintained agenda). Soji? can you tell us more? Even setup
a first event the way you want it?

thanks for reading and don't hesitate to comment and share thoughts
about everything.

sympatiquement,
marc