devel - Re: [sympa-developpers] Release dates for Sympa

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: David Verdin <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-developpers] Release dates for Sympa
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2014 09:35:04 +0200

Hi,
Le 26/06/14 09:23, IKEDA Soji a écrit :
Hi,

I'll tell my progress during this and last months.

On Tue, 04 Feb 2014 17:53:06 +0100
David Verdin <address@concealed> wrote:

Hi guys,

I had a talk with my management ten days ago, and here is the expected
schedule for Sympa in 2014:

  * 6.2 version expected in beta by the end of February, stable by the
    end of April
* Coverage by automated integration test already has been more or
  less broader.
Ah... Good ol' day when I really thougjht we could issue this version in April...
Ah well, carry on.

Integration test will be paused until additional test data are
provided.  See authors' only space about current status.
Thanks for this hard testing work Soji!
I have a server all set up for the S/MIME / DKIM tests. I'll do it.

While waiting, I wish to go on refactoring about spool.
In sympa-6.2-branch-old, spool classes were implemented based on
both filesystem and RDBMS then latter was withdrawn later.
Thanks to our experience in older branch, works on current
sympa-6.2-branch will not need tracing such roundabout.

Repeatable integration tests make bold refactoring easier without
concerning unstability.  That's why I think I may start this work
right now.
Frankly, I'm not sure. I remember the hard work it represented. Though I tested it thoroughly, I know that it was rather unstabilizing. I wished we concentrate on getting rid of the bugs and - finally - get the 6.2 out of the table so we can have time this summer for the true refactoring.

All the work on the spools is actually refactoring work. As it does not adds functionnalities or improves the overall software behaviour, I prefer to keep it for 7.0.
Additionnally, it is already in this branch, so all we have to do is check for its completeness.

We discussed with Marc and he proposed that we have a development server avaialble for all developpers. This way, we could set up a fake PKI and DNS records related to DKIM.
Everyone would have his private instance on this server, so you could test anything you like.

Would you like to have such a server?

Cheers,

David

Regards,

--- Soji

  * 7.0 version expected in beta by the end of May, stable in July
  * 7.1 version expected in beta by the end of December.

7.1 should contain SaaS functionnalities (config edition through the
web, refactored configuration management, eased virtual host deplyment).
You can add whatever you like in this version as soon as it fits within
the end-of-the-year deadline.
That gives us indicators for our work on Sympa.
A word about this schedule?

Best regards,

David

--
A bug in Sympa? Quick! To the bug tracker!
<https://sourcesup.renater.fr/tracker/?group_id=23>

Tél : +33 2 23 23 69 71
Fax : +33 2 23 23 71 21

www.renater.fr <http;//www.renater.fr>
	RENATER
263 Avenue du Gal Leclerc
35042 Rennes Cedex

--
A bug in Sympa? Quick! To the bug tracker!

David Verdin
Études et projets applicatifs

Tél : +33 2 23 23 69 71
Fax : +33 2 23 23 71 21